Who May Submit?
Submissions to IRI’s Flashpoint are by invitation only.
Interested in Becoming an Author?
If you are interested in being a guest author on IRI’s Flashpoint, please email Michele Taussig (firstname.lastname@example.org) with blog samples on innovation and technology management.
As a site dedicated to free form expression around complex subjects, IRI does not maintain a strict set of style guidelines. However, there are several things to keep in mind:
- This is not an academic journal. Meaning:
- Articles should be short (300-1000 words).
- Articles should be informal.
- Questions raised and opinions stated should be provocative. Start a conversation and, by so doing, build a community of thinkers around your idea(s).
- Citations are not required, though linking claims made to their source material will help your own credibility as an author within the community.
- While not an academic journal, quality writing is still required. Please avoid jargon, slang, and other colloquialisms common to your field/subject unless absolutely necessary.
- While we do not require citations, plagiarism will not be tolerated. If any content is disputed, it will be taken down until proof of origin can be provided.
- Feel free to include pictures. All graphics, however, should be fair use or include the user license needed to publish them freely. All graphics not fitting these guidelines will be denied publication or removed.
- This is not a platform to promote your product or company. IRI is a membership association servicing over 200 organizations. As such, we do not allow advantage to be given for any company over another. Please keep all promotional material to an absolute minimum. Content deemed too promotional will be denied publication.
Visitors to this site should read and understand the following stipulations:
Authors: By submitting your work to IRI’s Flashpoint, you are granting us permission to use and publish your work on Flashpoint and on the IRI website as well as to promote it across our social media channels and within other marketing materials. You may reproduce your work in other publications as long as full citation, including where the article was originally published, is included.
Visitors: Articles may be reproduced or electronically distributed as long as full citation is attributed to the author, acknowledgment where the article was originally published, and the link to Flashpoint is provided. You must:
- Respect the rights of the authors by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes.
- Agree to include the entire Resource Box or signature line at the bottom of the article.
Liability: IRI’s Flashpoint does not permit or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information represented on this site.
No Implied Endorsement: IRI’s Flashpoint does not endorse or recommend anything. The views of the authors who have submitted articles to this site are owned by them alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of IRI or Flashpoint. Moreover, IRI’s Flashpoint does not endorse or affiliate with any author or company.
No Warranty: When using this site, you may find many links to third-party Internet sites. Flashpoint is not responsible for the content or availability of these third-party sites and does not permit or guarantee the products, services, or information found on external or third-party sites.
No Pop Ups: There are no Pop-Ups anywhere within this site. If you receive one as a result of clicking on any of the third-party links found within this site, please understand that they did not originate from this site.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to accept these terms and conditions.
IRI’s Flashpoint respects the privacy concerns of all its users. Your personal information will not be shared or sold to third-parties or be used for any illegal activities.
Please review below how the following personal information is received and collected when you visit this website and how to protect your information.
Similar to many other websites, certain data is collected in log files including your IP address, your ISP (e.g. AOL, EarthLink, or Time Warner), the browser you used to visit our site (e.g. Firefox or Internet Explorer), the time you visited the site, and which pages you visited.
Cookies are pieces of text that may be sent to and saved by your web browser when you access a website; your web browser stores these cookies in a way associated with each website you visit, and you can see your cookies through your browser settings.
Children Under Age 13
IRI’s Flashpoint does not collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Anyone under 13 should not submit any information to this site which includes your name, address, telephone number, or email address. Information will be removed as quickly as possible in the event personal information has been submitted without parental consent.
Visitors who subscribe via Email will not have their information sold or shared.
IRI’s Flashpoint is designed to create a public forum for those interested in the advancement of technological innovation and R&D management to connect directly. Community participation is not only welcome, but strongly encouraged.
Comments will not be deleted or censored unless they have content that:
- Promotes hatred or violence;
- Uses profanity;
- Contains personal attacks;
- Is overly promotional for any brand, product, or company;